Thursday, May 15, 2008

My first Mother's Day

This is a little late being posted, but I had such a good mother's day! I wasn't expecting anything, and I ended up being totally spoiled! To start out with Saturday night Andy said he would get up with Treyden during the night and feed him, which was so nice. Granted, he only gets up once, but still, it was so nice to not have to worry about it. Then Andy made me waffles with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast - my favorite! Then he surprised me with a dozen gorgeous roses, and then if all that wasn't enough, then he brought out a present. It was a digital key chain, some goodies (chocolate, yummmmm), and a few little kitchen items I'd been wanting. It was a really fun day. I am so grateful to be a mom. There is something so special about being a mom that I didn't understand until now that I have a little one of my own. It's definitely trying at times, but so worth it! Thanks Andy and Treyden for such a great day!



Here is a picture of Treyden and I on Mother's Day with the pretty roses I got.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Andy! Happy Mother's Day to you (belated).

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

Shiree, we're not talking now :] I am so glad you commented on the blog. I've been wondering if you were still alive with the new mom adjustment. It can be a crazy transition, but man is it fun. Your little boy is so darn cute!!! I can't wait to see you guys when you come up to Idaho again. We live there in Rigby and I would definately love to see you. Congratulations on your sweet angel, and I hope all is well with your family. I loved to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelsey said...

Hi Shiree! I found your blog because someone came from Vanilla Joy from it, so thanks for linking to me. I just put a link to your Vinyl site, so hopefully you get some traffic from it! Boyd and my blog is boydandkelsey.blogspot.com, in case you were dying to know!! Hope you guys are great!