Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How much longer....

Well, obviously we need the baby to come to I'll have some more interesting stuff to write about, or something to write about at all! I'm 34 weeks tomorrow, so we are getting closer! We are both so excited, but it seems like so far away still!! Maybe more for me than for Andy. I really shouldn't complain because I've had a pretty easy pregnancy, but I am really starting to feel it now. I am loving our HUGE jetted tub! I take baths probably at least 3 times a week. I love it. It's so pathetic, though. I can barely roll over in bed without hurting, and this little guy is strong! It is the coolest thing being able to feel and see him move, but, dang, his little kicks, aren't so little sometimes. They can be pretty painful. I had a baby shower in Idaho, and then one here in Utah last weekend, and I think we're about ready. We have such cute clothes and stuff for him, I can't wait! There's all this pressure with the whole name thing!! We've talked about it for years, but now all of a sudden that it's so close we're not sure any more. It's a big decision!! Most of the pregnancy we've been pretty sure that we were going to name him Andrew, after Andy of course, but call him "Drew". The closer it gets though, the more unsure Andy is about it. He's worried that it's going to be confusing for people, even though they would have different middle names. We also like the name Treyden, or "Trey" for short. So most likely it will be one of those, but we'll just have to wait until the little guy is here to decide. Hopefully we'll receive some divine inspiration or something so we know for sure. My blood pressure was high at my doctor's appointment last week, and that's had me a little nervous. It went down after 10 or 15 minutes, and the doctor didn't seem overly concerned about it, so I probably shouldn't worry. We've been waiting for so long that I just don't want anything to go wrong. I have the tendency to be a worrier anyway, so...I'm just doomed to worry I guess. But hey, maybe that would mean we could have the baby early! Haha, probably not, but I can hope, right? Well, I'll quit blabbing, but I felt bad that I hadn't posted anything for awhile. We'll have that little one here soon, and then I can post all sorts of cute pictures of him. If anyone has any suggestions about the whole name thing, please let me know!!!

2 comments:

JackieSue said...

You already know my opinion but I LOVE both of those names A LOT. So in other words, I'm not helping. ha haha! As for my take on being confused... I definitely don't think that would be an issue at all. Some people name their children the same name and they go by that same name and the same middle name so this is a lot different...plus I think though Drew and Andy are one in the same (Andrew), they are so far different too. Cute cute cute!! I'm so excited for you guys. Really. And I think worrying is natural for us women. Especially when were pregnant..no matter what stage! So I'll just pray everything will be ok and if you continue to worry so be it, but you are past the stage of anything being really wrong. YAY!!! I can't wait to see him!!!

Brenna said...

Amen to the baths 3 times a week. I'm to that point myself! Roy and I were thinking about naming our baby Andrew for awhile; we still really like the name, but I think we're going to end up with something else. I think the nickname "Andy" is adorable.