Friday, February 22, 2008

Any day now...

Wow, I can't believe we are actually going to be parents any day now. The reality is finally starting to set in, and I have to admit...it's a little scary!! I technically have about two weeks left, but it's looking like I probably won't make it that long. I went to the doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was high...again. It has been the last little while, but this time it was a little higher than before and wouldn't go down with rest. The doctor did a non stress test, blood work, and an ultrasound. Everything was pretty good, but the doctor's having me come back again on Monday to test my blood presure and do another non stress test. He basically said that I'm not to the point where he feels like he needs to send me to the hospital to deliver the baby, but things are starting to creep that way. I guess we'll find out Monday! He also stripped my membranes at my appointment yesterday. OWWW!! I've been having contractions off and on since about 4 or 5 last night, but nothing very intense or regular, just enough to make me uncomfortable. So who knows...it could be any day now. I just hate the waiting game!! I decided I better take a picture of the belly, since I haven't taken one for awhile, and I'm not going to have it much longer. Well, I'll keep things posted on my progress!

2 comments:

JackieSue said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm so excited and anxious for your littl'in I can't even tell you. I wanna see pictures and posts regularly of him.
and since you are 38 weeks along, I say thank goodness for high blood pressure at this point. Ha ha! Just kidding, I know it's scary but if it delivers a baby early and everything is healthy and ok after, then hallelujah! he he! Your BIG now! So fun. Your still tiny everywhere else but big in the belly and that's so cute! Good job girl!

Brenna said...

You look great! We are excited to see pictures of the little guy when he comes. Good luck with everything:)