Wednesday, February 27, 2008

He's finally here!!

Treyden Andrew was born on Monday, February 25, at 8:03 pm. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 20 in long. I'm glad he was 10 days early, otherwise he could have been a big baby! So, I went to the doctor Monday morning to recheck my blood pressure, and it was high again, so the doctor said, let's go ahead and induce you. He didn't think it was an emergency, but said there was no point in waiting any longer since the baby was full term. So we went home, grabbed a few things, and headed to the hospital. I actually had a really easy labor (from what I hear). They started me on pitocin and I hardly progressed at all for about 4 hours when the doctor broke my water. After that the contractions started coming on HARD and less than a minute apart. Thank goodness it only took them 10 minutes to come do the epidural. I have no idea how people do it natural! In 2 1/2 hours I went from a 2 to completely dialated. They went to have me push for a little bit to get the baby crowned and all ready for the doctor to come, but when I went to push, his little head was already there and waiting, so the nurse freaked out, and said not to do ANYTHING. They called the doctor and had him come, and after pushing through 3 or 4 contractions, he was here! Both him and I have been really healthy, and got to come home this morning. He is so cute and we are so excited to finally be parents! A softer side definitely comes out on these men when they become daddies. Andy can't get enough of him, and loves to either be holding him, or taking pictures of him all the time. It is amazing to me how much he has changed just in the last 2 days. Now that the swelling has gone down from being born, he looks so cute! I'll have to take some more pictures tomorrow when I have more time. Tonight will be our first night at home, so we'll cross our fingers that it goes okay!
About 30 minutes after he was born. He's not so happy from being manhandled for all the measurements, and shots, and all that.

The 1st Day. His daddy wanted a picture without him all bundled like a burrito. He has LONG fingers and toes!

My Boys the 2nd day-At home!

2 comments:

JackieSue said...

HOW PRECIOUS!!! He is adorable!!! I'm so excited and happy for you! I'll be listening or here to talk for this fun transition of being a mommy. I think it can be really overwhelming at times but I wish you the best of luck!! He's so cute!!

Josh and Amber said...

You lucky duck! I had high pressure too, so they induced me early to. I had Paige about 2 1/2 weeks early. And I was denied the empidural because my blood platelet count was way to low. So having the epidural would have been extrememly dangerous. So I guess I'm proud to say I had her natural. But I don't really wish that upon anyone if they don't want to go natural! I wanted the drugs, just couldn't have them. But we all turned out healthy and ok so it wasn't bad! And luckily Paige was only 5lb 12oz 18 1/2 in and completely healthy!