Thursday, February 28, 2008

We survived the first night!

The first night wasn't as bad as I expected, although I can tell this is going to take some getting used to. He woke up at 2, 4, and 6, but then luckily he slept for quite awhile this morning, so I was able to get a good nap in. He's been a little jaundiced, so I've had him laying in the sun today to help with that. We go to the doctor tomorrow to have his jaundice checked again. Hopefully it's not too bad. I just can't believe how tiny newborns are! They make clothes that are supposedly for 0-3 months, and they look so tiny, until you put them on. Then they are HUGE! I know he's going to be growing out of them before I know it, though. They change so fast! I love having him so little, though. He loves to snuggle right up against your chest, and I think he'd stay like that all the time if we'd let him. Hopefully he doesn't grow out of that. I love to snuggle!

He sleeps most of the time, but he was wide awake long enough to get a picture of him with his eyes open.


Here Treyden is sunbathing. Hopefully it will help that jaundice!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Congratulations! Glad that labor went so well; happy to hear he is home and healthy. He's a cutie! And definitely get those naps in...the sleep deprivation will catch up to you soon if you don't.

JackieSue said...

Oh yeah, your labor seemed wonderful!! Yay!! That's gotta be so nice! And about the clothes, I totally agree. In fact I've been looking a lot for stuff that is actually the NB (newborn) size for baby #2 because I remember nothing fitting Link for a while!! ;-) What a cutie though, goodness!! I love that first picture so much!!